Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chicago!

CHICAGO!  I lived in Chicago for almost six years...and the two things I miss most are my friends and the restaurants.  Safe to say, you could go to a different restaurant every night of the week for a year and never visit the same restaurant twice.  Chicago is truly a melting pot of cultures, and so is the food.  Some of my favorite restaurants were the small, hole-in-the wall, eclectic spots.  

Last weekend, George and I had to venture six hours West to the Windy City to clean our condo for our new renters.  I was thrilled to see my friends and hit up some of my favorite eats!  My first stop was Southport Grocery.  Easily one of the best brunch spots on the North side of the city.  The great news is our waitress gave me the ingredients and instructions on how to make the tomatoes on their bruchetta.  Excellent.  We also visited Piece Pizza...thin crust pizza at a brewery, yes puh-lease!  

This post, however is all about the sushi!  George and I have yet to find a sushi restaurant in Cleveland that we can enjoy as much as Coast.  Not only do they have unique, delicious rolls...but the place is BYOB.  Can it get any better than that?! 


At the top of the photo, you'll see super white tuna sashimi and salmon sashimi.  It took me a really long time to be able to stomach the texture of sashimi.  But this is melt-in-your-mouth fresh and I can't recommend it enough!


Additionally, you'll see their signature Coast Crab roll (king crab, scallion, masago in spicy mayo with tempura crumb, red tobiko) and Volcano roll (white tuna in hot volcano sauce with tempura crumb), a Spicy Tuna roll, and lastly a Himachi roll (yellowtail, jalapeno).


The best part of sushi is that (aside from the tempura and mayo) it's mostly healthy.  I never leave with that "I'm so full roll me out of here!" feeling.  Follow dinner with some green tea ice cream and call it a night!  Bottom line, sushi rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment